A master class in "holding the space" - of sometimes confusing, anxious, even conflict ridden group dynamics - as we help forge consensus and clarity of vision and direction.
This workshop will be co-presented by chapter VP Professional Development Jennifer Mazon and chapter President Curtis Michelson, who are working with and supplementing the presentation material of Mark Monteleone, of Monteleone Consulting, LLC who has kindly offered his slides as source material. Mark's material dives into risks, processes and behaviors to be aware of and utlize when leading groups through sessions like joint applicaiton design (JAD), product visioning, solution assessment, and more.
Come prepared to learn, and participate in this interactive 1-hr workshop on facilitation.
- What is a BA Facilitator?
- Promotes stakeholders to determine and maintain ownership of their requirements
- Aims for a stakeholder consensus or compromise
- Considers risk and utilizes processes / behaviors in conducting sessions
- What are BA Facilitator processes?
- Brainstorming, Crawford Slip
- Focus Group, Joint Application Design (JAD)
- Gap Analysis, Root-Cause Analysis, Force-Field Analysis
- Multi-voting, Comparative Ranking, Criteria-Based Grid, Impact/Effort Grid, Let’s Make a Deal
- What are BA Facilitator behaviors?
- Generating Participation, Active Listening, Neutrality,
- Questioning, Intervention, Paraphrasing, Using Flip Charts,
- Maintaining Focus, Feedback, Summarizing, Synthesizing Ideas
6:30pm -8:30 pm
Jennifer Mazon MBA, PMP, CBAP
Jennifer Mazon is the IT Director at the Business Analysis Center of Excellence at CHEP leading a globally diverse team of Business Analysts and Managers across 5 continents. With over 14 years’ experience in business analysis, project and people management, Jennifer is passionate about delivering value to the business and inspiring team members to reach their full potential both personally and professionally.
Jennifer is currently serving as VP, Professional Development for the IIBA Central Florida Chapter
Curtis Michelson, Consultant
Curtis has served in management and consulting roles for most of his 25+ year professional career in both IT and marketing and publishing domains. He discovered his “inner BA” in 2005 and hasn't looked back since. As far as Curtis is concerned, bringing teams into alignment around a vision is about as good as it gets.Life for a BA doesn't get any better than that.
Curtis serves as President for the IIBA Central Florida Chapter.
Join Our Linked In Group
Follow us on
4000 Millenia Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32839